At Howdens you will be working towards a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance of incoming and outgoing stock, complying with the company’s health and safety regulations while providing high standards of customer service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
● To unload and check accuracy of all incoming stock deliveries in line with the Health & Safety offloading procedures and company policy
● To carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment in accordance reporting all defects to the Depot Manager
● To maintain a high level of stock security and carry out the required security checks on all outgoing orders and deliveries
● To deal with returns from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way
● To carry out daily/weekly stock checks according to procedure, ensuring an accurate computer stock file
● To understand and comply with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering
● To maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, stock rotation and product group, cleanliness and tidiness.
● To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
● To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the depot
● Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations whilst in the depot
• Basic Literacy and numeracy skills • Punctual, well organised and hard working. • Keen eye for detail and an eager to learn
We are looking for smart, friendly people with excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn. You will be confident, tenacious, and hungry to succeed, with a flexible approach to working and learning in a fast paced environment.
No qualifications required.
Ongoing training and Learning.
Training to be delivered
Alongside this job role, you also will be studying towards your:
Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard L2
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Howdens Joinery (Trade) - Epsom (Rlo)
The map below displays the employer’s location, please check travel times before applying.