Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2020 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 1,306 tCO2e, a 87%ge reduction against the 2020 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract. The volume of the impacts have been accentuated in the most recent year due to the impact of lockdown associated with COVID which has seen business travel, the largest contributor to our emissions, reduce to below normalised levels, and there will be some future increases
- Introduction of a new software application that underpins the interaction we have with our customers, allowing more remote based delivery as opposed to delivery that requires significant travel to conduct face-to-face interactions
- The introduction of a virtual meeting platform to ensure meetings can be conducted without the need for significant business travel
- The transition of our IT infrastructure to a fully cloud based solution as opposed to the historical on-premise server infrastructure; cloud solutions are more energy efficient and significantly reduce electricity consumption to both power and cool the IT environment
- The adoption of a great degree of home-working for teams, thus reducing emissions driven by commuting
- In addition, the reported emissions level reported has been offset through investment in an East Africa Borehole project which enhances energy efficiency.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Replacement of our diesel powered fleet vehicles with fully electric vehicles
- The introduction of a Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle scheme to support all employees to access electric vehicles in a more cost effective manner and hence supporting all team members to reduce their own emissions levels.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting .
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of Lifetime Training Group Ltd:
Peter Mitchell, Director
Date: 24th February 2022