At Howdens you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
The Customer Service Administration Apprentice plays a vital role in the business to ensure that all Depot administration is processed and completed effectively, efficiently and in the timescale required to support the team and maximise sales and growth.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
● To check invoices and ensure that these are properly filed daily
● Check and reconcile haulier administration e.g. dispatch notes, invoices, proof of delivery, returns
● Purchase and monitor depot stationery requirements
● Assist with mailing of promotional material to customers
● To answer the telephone and ensure that customer queries are answered in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable manner.
● Reconcile depot petty cash expenditure
● Keep operational reports and information up to date
● To undertake the responsibility of banking as and when necessary, following the procedures in the depot policies and procedures manual
● Carry out stock reconciliation procedures e.g. inputting line checks
● To liaise with the Credit Control department, responding to customer account queries, and processing customer account applications
• Effective team work • Must be a self-motivated person • Ability to communicate effectively • Able to prioritise workload
We are looking for smart, friendly people with excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn. You will be confident, tenacious, and hungry to succeed, with a flexible approach to working and learning in a fast paced environment.
No qualifications required.
Ongoing training and Learning.
Training to be delivered
Alongside this job role, you also will be studying towards your:
Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Howdens Joinery (Trade) - Wandsworth
Units 4 & 5 Sergeants Industrial Estate
The map below displays the employer’s location, please check travel times before applying.