Primary objective for the Swimming Instructor will be:
● To ensure the successful delivery of the Aquazone swim school in line with company policy and Amateur Swimming Association’s NPTS.
The Swimming Instructor will focus day to day on the following tasks:
● To teach customers of a varying age and ability as per the Swim England NPTS and complete all necessary paperwork.
● To ensure teaching, customer care and health and safety standards are maintained in line with company policy.
● To maximise the retention of swim school participants through quality standards, motivation and customer care.
● To ensure strong communication links between yourself, the aquazone co-ordinator, reception and duty management.
● To deal with customer enquiries, feedback and concerns.
As an apprentice with Glossop Swimming Pool Centre, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship
Energetic, enthusiastic, customer focused individuals.
To be able to work as part of a team and will be able to develop the role on your own initiative.
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant:
● Will be able to communicate well with both children and adults in a teaching setting.
● Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from colleagues and customers.
● Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, colleagues and teachers.
● Will be able to meet the demands of the role by having some flexibility in their working hours when required.
No qualifications required.
Must be able to swim confidently, be polite and approachable with positive energy levels
Role is entry in to the leisure industry which can lead to a variety of managerial roles along with other job prospects
Training to be delivered
QUALIFICATIONS PROVIDED AS PART OF APPRENTICESHIP
● National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
● Swimming Teaching Level 1 & 2
● Gym Instructing Level 2
● First Aid
Glossop Swimming Pool - Glossop
The map below displays the employer’s location, please check travel times before applying.